How to Apply
You will not be able to change responses or upload additional information after a scholarship deadline has passed.
1. Gather required materials
Here’s what you may need:
- FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (Must be in PDF format.)
- School transcript – high school and/or college (Must be in PDF format.)
- Résumé of school activities, volunteer experiences.
- References – Names and email addresses of those who will write letters of recommendation for you. No relatives can be used. Check the specific scholarship to see if specific people need to be asked.
- Email Account
2. Set up your Student Account
- Visit https://ccfscholarships.academicworks.com.
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Once submitted, you’ll receive an email to access the General Application.
3. Fill out the General Application
- Once you’ve set up your student account, complete the online General Application and submit the required documents.
- Answer all questions carefully and thoroughly. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Do not upload documents directly from a website or password protected area. Save as a .pdf first.
4. Apply for individual scholarships
- After submitting the General Application, click on View Opportunities to review the scholarships available. This does not mean that you are qualified to apply for every scholarship listed.
- Review the criteria for each scholarship to ensure you qualify to apply.
- Follow the prompts to apply for each scholarship. Answer the additional questions required for each scholarship.
5. Manage references and applications
- Review your online student account periodically to check the status of your applications and manage your references.
- References are emailed instructions. Ask your reference to check their spam folder for the email instructions, especially if they use a school email address.
- Click Manage References to check for uploaded reference letters. To remind your references, click Resend to send a second email to the references with instructions.
- An application is not complete until all materials are submitted. This includes references.
6. Selections and Awards
- The selection process varies by scholarship.
- Scholarship applicants will be notified by email regarding scholarship decisions. If you do not receive a notification, check the status of your application on your online student account.
Ready to apply? Click here to visit https://ccfscholarships.academicworks.com and get started!
Questions? Please contact Susan Barnes at 910-483-4449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
F.C.H.R.C./Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship application – Scholarship application must be received or postmarked by Midnight on March 4, 2019.
All information about the scholarship can be found on the application (link below). It does not follow the timeline for the other scholarships offered by Cumberland Community Foundation.
*For more information about this scholarship see your guidance counselor.