Women's Giving Circle Grant Cycle
The Women’s Giving Circle of Cumberland County (WGCCC) awards high-impact grants to projects/programs focusing on women and children in Cumberland County, NC.
Funding Priorities - The Women’s Giving Circle of Cumberland County awards high-impact grants to projects/programs focusing on women and children in Cumberland County, N.C.
As the pandemic has exacerbated the situation of many women and children in our community, the following Focus Areas have been selected for the 2022-2024 grant cycles:
- Financial insecurities (home, job, food, healthcare)
- Educational insecurities (literacy, financial literacy, academic)
- Child abuse
- Foster care
- Childcare insecurity
Special consideration will be given to projects/programs that incorporate any of the following:
- A new, creative approach to a critical community need
- Opportunities to collaborate and foster partnerships, as well as leverage other funding sources
- Projects/programs that demonstrate the ability to achieve measurable results and have a high probability of successful continuation beyond the grant period
- Projects/programs that impact a larger population will be given priority
September 8, 2023 at 10 AM Grant information session via Zoom
September 12, 2023 at 4 PM Grant information session via Zoom
September 13, 2023 Online application available
October 4, 2023 at 11:59 PM Deadline for application submission
October – November, 2023 Evaluations and site visits
January 2024 Final grant approvals
January/February 2024 Funding available
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTENDED A WOMEN'S GIVING CIRCLE GRANTSEEKERS INFORMATION SESSION, THIS YEAR OR LAST YEAR.
The online application will be available on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - Wednesday, October 4, 2023. To access the application, please CLICK HERE.
For questions about the online application system, contact Kendra Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Barnes: email@example.com.
If you still have questions after attending a Grantseekers Information Meeting, contact Susan Barnes: firstname.lastname@example.org or
910-483-4449 ext. 108
Grantseekers Information Meetings
This meeting is designed to help nonprofit organizations learn about the Women's Giving Circle funding opportunities, eligibility, and application guidelines. The meeting includes a demonstration of the online grant application.
Organizations are required to attend one session.
If you attended last year, you are not required to attend this year. Please contact Susan Barnes (email@example.com) if you have any questions about your attendance.
Registration is required, these sessions will be virtual via Zoom.
Select the day and time that works for your schedule through our calendar of events page and register by clicking on the event in the calendar.
- Friday, September 8th at 10 AM
- Tuesday, September 12th at 4 PM
Eligibility for Women's Giving Circle Grants
- Organizations must be located and provide services in Cumberland County, North Carolina.
- Organizations must qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1), (a)(2), or (a)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be a qualified unit of government which includes Native American tribal governments.
- Organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious beliefs.
- Organizations must have met all reporting and communications requirements on previous Women's Giving Circle Grants to be eligible to apply. If the organization has an active grant in process with the Women's Giving Circle, a final or interim report must be submitted to be considered for funding.
Not Eligible for Women's Giving Circle Grants
- Organizations for re-granting purposes
- Capital and endowment campaigns
- Event sponsorships
- Deficit budgets
- Projects promoting political and religious views
- Grants to individuals or scholarships (Check the scholarship program page of CCF)
- Travel and conferences
Priority will go to 501(c)3 charitable organizations with governing boards located in Cumberland County, NC.